Field Service & Machine Repair
- Midwest Press and Automation understands how important your production is in today’s market. Our 24 Hour Emergency field service repairs will minimize downtime and get you back into production in no time. From diagnostics and disassembly to welding and machining, we are available anytime, anywhere.
- Midwest Press & Automation has assembled a team of the most experienced machine repairmen to get your equipment back up in running in short order, whether it be at your facility or ours. Rest assured that your equipment is being repaired by the best in the industry.
- Disassemble, evaluate and repair
- Hand fitting of mating components
- Set critical bearing clearances
- Machine Adjustments
- Complete machine assembly
- New lubrication and pneumatic installations
- Midwest Press & Automation offers a full service electrical department to handle all projects from diagnosis/repair to complete retrofits at your facility and ours.
- We are experienced in all controls from Wintriss, Omni, ABB to relay logic. MPA has two fully stocked vans on the road to keep your downtime to an absolute minimum.
Portable Welding & Machining
- Here at Midwest Press and Automation, we understand the costs involved with moving large equipment to our facility for welding and machining. That’s why we offer both services in the field at your facility.
- Crack repairs
- Pad weld and machine bore sets
- Machine beds and slides flat and parallel
- Add T-slots to your slide or bed in place
Welding, Brazing & Fabrication
Midwest Press & Automation has a turnkey weld shop to get your broken / damaged components back into serviceable condition with little downtime. Our experienced welders are ready to perform the following and more:
- Brazing broken cast iron parts (Adjustment screws, housings, crowns, slides Etc.)
- Weld repair cracked crankshafts and driveshaft’s
- Pad weld crankshafts for stroke changes
- Weld repair broken crowns, slides and bases
In conjunction with our large capacity machine shop, we are able to offer turnkey fabrications such as gears, slides, crowns, columns and bases.
Midwest Press and Automation offers our customers the fastest turnaround possible with our reliable CNC machine shop. Our experienced machinist staff coupled with our late model equipment and tooling allows us to manufacture complex parts faster than ever thought possible. A highlight of our machining capacity is below, please click “here” for our complete machine capacity flier.
Doosan DB 130-CX CNC Horizontal Boring Mill
- 157” X Travel
- 78” Y Travel
- 63” Z Travel
- Built in Rotary table
Doosan DBC 130 Horizontal Boring Mill
- 118” X Travel
- 78” Y Travel
- 63” Z Travel
- Built in rotary table with .001 Deg. Accuracy
Hwacheon Mega-95 CNC Lathe
- Spindle Bore: 6-1/2″
- Swing Over Bed: 40″
- Swing Over Cross Slide: 22
- Distance Between Centers: 126″
Lepont H600 Gap Bed Lathe
- 48” Swing
- 240” Between Centers
- Full Digital Readout
- Inch and Metric Threading
Turnkey Project, Relocations, & Complete Rebuilds
Midwest Press & Automation is experienced in all of the metal forming processes. This experience gives us the advantage when it comes to Press Relocations and Project Management because we understand all aspects of a press lines operation.